Tuesday, May 27, 2008

How could I forget so soon?

The lesson, just learned, fled very quickly indeed. And perhaps I have suffered for it. But no more. I learned it not from anything she said, or did, but from her very presence. And how foolish to let lack of her presence take it from me. Somehow, without knowing it, she has still brought it back to me. Best as I can put it: Love life as it happens around you. The magic is everywhere. Grab it when you see it. Live and love the gusto. But don't ever try to force it.

That said, I prefer it without the words. It's a lesson better felt than anything else.
When you know it, you know it. I think she knows it. And I'm pretty sure I know it. And maybe even the Beatles knew it:

Life is very short, and there's no time
For fussing and fighting my friend.

All I'm saying is, I'm really enjoying the Beatles right now. That's all.

No comments: